The Community Survey Team is collecting information to assist the Inclusive Ames initiative in determining the needs of the various communities whose concerns we wish to address.
For public updates from the Community Survey Team, please see the blog category Community Survey.
To volunteer on our team, please join the Community Survey Team Google Group.
Resources from Other Cities and Organizations
Inclusive Dubuque is a peer-learning network of partners committed to creating an informed, equitable and inclusive community where all people are respected, valued and engaged. In early 2012, community members began to take notice of challenges related to diversity, equity and inclusion in Dubuque. With a shared desire to understand challenges and engage community members, leaders from business, nonprofits, education, government, philanthropy and the faith community came together and formed Inclusive Dubuque.
The twin cities of Lafayette and West Lafayette are home to Purdue University. Together, the two cities have a population of approximately 96,000. In 2009 Greater Lafayette Commerce and the Diversity Roundtable commissioned a survey to determine the climate for diversity in the community.
- A Report to Greater Lafayette Commerce and Diversity Roundtable: Aspiring a Culture that Values Diversity
- The Diversity Roundtable of Greater Lafayette
Beaverton is a suburb of Portland and has a population of nearly 90,000 people, according to the 2010 census. In 2011, Beaverton conducted an assessment to determine the city’s readiness to begin initiatives on cultural inclusiveness.
- An Assessment of the City of Beaverton’s Readiness for Cultural Inclusion Initiatives
- Beaverton Cultural Inclusion Program
Local Higher Education Institutions
Many colleges and universities have conducted their own climate assessments. Following is a sample from institutions in Iowa.
- Iowa State University Diversity Audit
- University of Iowa Climate Committee
- University of Northern Iowa Campus Climate Assessment (2005)
- Drake University Climate Assessment